Somerset Bridge Group is aware that Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) considerations are essential to the success of our company in the long term, and we are dedicated to incorporating ESG factors across all areas of our business, where possible.
Our ESG initiative is driven and supported by our ESG framework, which covers four impact areas. By structuring our approach around these pillars, we hope to promote ESG achievements and sustainability advancements throughout our business.
Our ESG Framework
Our group collectively strives to build a sustainable and innovative insurance provision focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling.
We safeguard our employees and customers’ personal data and business by actively managing ESG risks and integrating compliance, transparency, data protection, and resiliency into all aspects of our operations.
As an organisation, we are committed to supporting the professional and personal development of our employees to foster long-term, sustainable growth.
We encourage staff members to volunteer for charities or community projects in order to have a positive impact on our communities and raising money for nearby non-profits and charities in order to support them.
Our ESG Priorities
- Locally sourced food providers
- Removed plastic cups in our offices
- For every Vavista car insurance policy sold or renewed, we plant a tree
- Vavista offsets its employees’ carbon footprint
- Solar panels in our Bristol office
- Annual risk assessments carried out
- Trained fire marshals, first aiders and mental health first aiders
- Mandatory internal training programmes
- Wellbeing Events
- Financial Health Training/Webinars
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Health and Wellbeing App (WRKIT)
- Dedicated DEI working group
- Annual awareness days (Pride/Mental Health/Black History)
- Mandatory Unconscious Bias training
- External speakers Inclusive job adverts Diversifying Group job board
- Gender neutral language
- Use of Alvalabs platform to remove unconscious bias
- Inclusive benefits i.e. religious bank holidays
- Parental Leave/IVF Hybrid working
- DEI interview training for direct report managers
- Values interwoven into employee appraisals
- Code of conduct signed by all employees
- Mandatory training for all employees on business practices from treating customers fairly to vulnerable customers
- Risk assessments/ Audits of our business
- Underwriting Workflows
- Investment Strategies
- Board Structure
- Remuneration Policies
- Compliance Training
- In-House Solicitor
- In–House DPO
- Data Champion Team
- IT Cyber Training modules
- Data Awareness/Information
- Security communications calendar
- Risk committee
- Exec Risk committee
- Emerging Risk committee